At the finishline you'll have to sign a disclaimer. The disclaimer states:
- The Adventurists and AUTOLINK are not to be held responsible for damage to cars or parts missing once cars are delivered by owner to railhead.
- Photographic evidence has been taken to their satisfaction
- The condition of the car has been noted as being left in a recognisable state.
- The owner has given no instructions to anyone inside or outside of the railhead regarding the car.
Scrap or Collect?
At the end of the Disclaimer, you'll face a choice: collect, scrap or forward.
Autolink send you updates once your car hits the tracks and they'll let you know when it arrives. If you choose Collect, you'll have 7 days free storage in Paldiski. After that, storage costs 1 Euro per day. After 100 days, your car will get squashed.
Neither The Adventurists nor the shipping company will be held responsible for any negligence in collecting the car on time or communicating with the shipping company.
We give the shipping company your vehicle details and the email addresses they correspond to. If you want your updates sent to a different email address there's a bit in the disclaimer for you to add a different email address.
Who needs to go to the railhead?
Only the owner of the car can go to the railhead and sign the documents. Lucky thing. Don't worry too much about where it is, we'll give you a map at the finish line when we book you in for your slot at the raihead. . You'll be given a map of how to get there and you'll be given a time slot. Several cars will be booked in to the same timeslot, so you may have to wait around a bit. You can get a taxi back.
Photos of your vehicle will be taken and kept on file in case of dispute.
What else do I need to sign?
A contract between the vehicle owner and freight provider. This functions as a PoA document (written in Russian - in order to allow Autolink to act on behalf of the owner and signed on delivery of car to railhead.
A contract between vehicle owner and railhead service provider.
A disclaimer between vehicle owner and LOAI at the finish line registration office.
The destiny of your steed
When you tell us what you want to do with your car, we'll spray paint a coloured circle on it.
- orange for scrapping
- green for forward freight
- blue for collection
Paperwork you'll need
- ORIGINAL of temporary vehicle import filled in and signed on entering Russia
- ORIGINAL registration papers of car
- ORIGINAL Passport
- ORIGINAL Visa
- Key to be hung on identifiable key ring (last 6 digits of VIN code + model clearly visible). Ugly cardboard tags & a pen provided may be provided at the finish line registration.
- Carnet documents
We will inform the shipping company which vehicles have a carnet. If you want your car freighted from Ulan Ude don’t forget to hand in your Carnet. The carnet travels from Ulan-Ude by registered DHL post to Tallin (Estonia), together with the original registration papers of the car. The shipping company take the carnet to the customs authorities in Estonia to receive the necessary stamp. They will invoice you for the postage and send it through.